Notepads (Marketing Products)
Notepads come in 50 or 100 sheets backed by chipboard and are glued at the top. They are available in full color printing front side only (4/0).
While you can add printing to any part of the page, we recommend keeping printing minimal and at the top of the page other than ruled lines or light images.
4/0 Full Color printing does allow for bleeds. Please setup your artwork with a 1/8" bleed all the way around. For more information, see the "File Setup" tab.
The most common order options are 5.5" x 8.5" on 20# Uncoated White Smooth Text weight paper. They frequently print in full-color (4/0) and are padded in 50s.
Notepads are a popular way to keep your company identity in front of customers. They are also a great tool for keeping your message in front of an audience. Consider Notepads at your next seminar, conference, or any place your audience needs to take notes.
Artistic Notepads with engaging design or clever messaging are also popular products.
Our standard sizes, listed below, are the most popular in the industry:
- 3" x 8"
- 4" x 5.5"
- 4" x 6"
- 5" x 8"
- 5.5" x 8.5"
- 8.5" x 11"
Any Trim Size
You can order custom sizes by using the "Any Trim Size (Edit Below)" option in the pricing calculator. First select the standard size option which is larger in both dimensions (height and width) than your desired custom size. In the "Any Trim Size (Edit Below)" box on the pricing calculator (shown below), type in your desired dimensions. Please remember if you are ordering "Any Trim Size" for a product that is folded, "Any Trim Size" dimensions are for the product before it is folded.
Be mindful of the custom trim when submitting a file to prevent any part of your design from being trimmed away. It's extra important to look at a proof when ordering custom trim.
70# Uncoated Text w/ Chip Board
You may be familiar with this type of stock from business stationary or typical letterhead.
This paper has a quality feel, folds easily, and is a good choice when you don't want a slick and shiny finish. Chip Board provides a firm backing for notepads.
4/0 (Full Color Front Side)
Full color (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black as above) on the front and no printing on the back. A typical example of this is letterhead.
This product prints in a professional, finished quality.
Explanation of Turnaround Time
See a quick chart showing turnaround times
Please note that turnaround time does not include shipping or mailing time. You may select from available production turnaround times and your preferred shipping time as you place your order.
Turnaround times begin when the proof is approved. All times are based on standard business days Monday through Friday excluding federal holidays. Please note that turnaround time does not include shipping or mailing time. You may select from available production turnaround times and your preferred shipping time as you place your order.
Our products are the same great quality for every turnaround time we offer.
5-9 Day Turnaround
If you order a proof (Online PDF or Hard Copy Proof), your turnaround time begins as soon as you approve your proof in our system. If you order "No Proof, Run As Is" (only recommended if you are certain you want us to print what you sent as is), your turnaround time begins as soon as your order begins the imposition process. Once your order is in imposition, you should receive an email with your estimated order completion date (does not include shipping or mailing).
Files must be uploaded before the cut off time. If you request a proof, you must approve your proof by 4:00 p.m. in the time zone your order is produced for turnaround time to begin.
5-9 Day Shipped Orders
Orders will ship in 5-9 business days after 4:00 p.m. if you follow the guidelines.
Files uploaded after the cut off time will be processed the following business day.
Full Color (4/0) Notepads are available in either 50 or 100 pages.
Notepads are glued at the top, so pages can easily be turned or torn away.
4/0 Full Color
To see available quantities, click on the "Quantity" dropdown menu in the pricing calculator.
To request a custom estimate, click "Request a Quote" at the top of the page.
We typically print more than the quantity ordered. Because printing is a manufacturing process, the total finished quantity may vary. We usually ship a few more than you order, but sometimes quantities can vary +/- 5%. Standard industry procedure is to consider this range shipment in full.
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. This template can be imported into: InDesign, Quark Express, Illustrator, Corel Draw, and many other content creation programs.
JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group and is a basic raster file format. This template is recommended for Photoshop.
EPS stands for Encapsulated PostScript. This template is recommended for advanced Illustrator users only.
For detailed information about advanced file setup, please click here Click Here
In order to ensure your files are print-ready, we recommend that you upload them in PDF format. When you generate a print-ready PDF, your computer will use the settings in Adobe Acrobat Distiller or any other PDF generating programs you may use. Please make sure that these are set properly before generating your PDF file. Click here to see our preferred PDF settings.
We also accept .JPG (JPEG), .EPS and .TIF (TIFF) file types, however PDF is the preferred format.
Check your file to make sure it meets our file creation guidelines. This will help speed up the production of your project and give your printed piece the best results.
- Use the CMYK colorspace (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, blacK). These are industry standard printing colors. CMYK colors are different than RGB (Red, Green, Blue), which are used to display colors on your screen.
- Use a minimum resolution of 300 dpi for image files.
- All fonts need to be outlined or embedded. For more information on fonts, please Click Here
- Specify trim area with crop marks. (Don't place crop marks inside the work area.) For more information on crop marks, please Click Here
- Artwork should have 1/8" (0.125") bleed extending past the trim line. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge. For more information on bleed, please Click Here
- Safe Area is the 1/8" (0.125") area inside the trim line. Do not put critical information or images within the Safe Area. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge. For more information on safe area, please Click Here
- If you want printed borders, they must be placed a minimum of 1/8" (0.125") inside the trim line and include bleed. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.For more information on borders, please Click Here
For detailed information about advanced file setup, Click Here
Please click the link below for an explanation of file orientation.
Bleed and Safe Area
We require that you extend any images that run up to the trim line a minimum of 1/8" (0.125") past the trim line to create "bleed". Depending on what program you use to create your file, this may or may not change the total image area of your file. Programs like Photoshop that do not allow the creation of "bleed" or the addition of crop marks will require an image area that is 1/4" (0.25") larger than your desired final overall image area in both dimensions.
Safe Area is the 1/8" (0.125") area inside the trim line. Do not put critical information or images within the Safe Area. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge. If you choose to make less than this minimum clearance, we will NOT be responsible for items that are cut off in this area.
For detailed information about advanced file setup, please Click Here
Proofs and File Check
- Online PDF Proof: You will be sent a link to view your proof via email. Please keep in mind that this is only a proof for content and positioning; the color on your screen may vary from the color of your final product, depending on your monitor and viewing conditions.
- Hard Copy Proof: The Hard Copy Proof can either be picked up on-site or shipped to you. Please keep in mind that this is a proof for content and positioning and is not printed on your actual job stock. Color may vary slightly when printed on the stock you ordered. When ordering a Hard Copy Proof, you will receive a complimentary Online PDF Proof, as well.
- No Proof, Run As-Is: This option is for the industry professional who is certain their project is ready to hit the press and does not require the additional security of a proof.
If our prepress department sees anything questionable with your file, we will contact you via email with our concerns. Should prepress email you, please note that your job is not considered fully submitted until you respond to this email. This should be factored into your turnaround time.
Please Note: The charge for our technical team to review your file when first submitted is included in the price of your order. If they note technical concerns with your file, they may email you with their concerns so you can upload a corrected file. If subsequent uploads still contain errors, you may be charged an additional prepress fee to review your file again.
For detailed information about advanced file setup, please Click Here
You can create a personalized design in just a few minutes. Once you click the "Start Your Design" button, you're taken to a huge library of design templates. You can search by specific category or select "generic" for personal use. Making changes to the text, font size and uploading a picture or logo on your chosen template is as easy as using a basic computer program. After you're done making changes, you are able to instantly view an online proof and order it for print.
There are professional design templates for almost any personal and business need.